We begin our prayer time in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. + Amen.
Psalm 73:25-26; “Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”
Before you begin reading through this prayer guide or offer your own prayer take just a few moments to consider that are over 24,000 Haitian children and some of their parents, teachers, cooks, program directors, Trinity/HOPE board members and donors praying with you on this first Monday at 10 AM somewhere.
Together we consider how HE has caused this program to grow, confess for the times we have doubted HIS hand at work with and through us, given thanks for HIS provisions and finally asked for HIS help to continue feeding these children. Imagine how wide HIS smile reaches as this new school year begins and HIS children learn more about HIM and are moved by the Holy Spirit to do His work.
A time of ‘Adoration’ to our Triune God.
· Think about the provisions, protection, hope and love that surround you because of His unfailing love for you.
· Try to grasp the immense work that our Creator is doing in the lives of each Haitian child who are preparing to walk to a their Christian school this month.
Proverbs 28:13; “Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.”
We were born, sinful and unclean, through no fault of our own, but because of the sins of our parents, grandparents…Adam and Eve.
God sent His only Son to die for our sins. Jesus did everything right while he was here on this earth. He loves you with a love that cannot be measured. He gave to the world when no thanks were returned to Him. He healed when there was no hope, and He died without complaint. Jesus did nothing wrong and everything right; all this for you. He lived for you and died for you. Our sins nailed Him to the cross on Calvary and kept Him there until His life on earth had ended.
· A time of personal confession.
Our sins are placed at the base of the Calvary cross...His cross, and we give thanks that the times we have fallen short in the eyes of our Heavenly Father have been washed clean and we have been forgiven through the Blood of our Risen Savior Jesus Christ.
We give thanks for the clean water that we drink, use for bathing, cooking, washing clothes, dishes and cars, flushing toilets and pouring over our gardens and lawns. Really, do we give thanks for clean water? Honestly, probably not as that is something we take for granted cause it’s always there coming out of the faucet. Most of the children in the photos you have seen have no idea how much we have and use daily…and how clean it is. Haitian children give thanks several times a day, just for that one bowl of beans and rice cause that it their meal for the day, for most days; let that sink in.
Colossians 3:15-17; “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
Heavenly Father, we come to You now with hearts, minds and words filled with ‘Thanksgiving’.”
· We give thanks for our Creator, Redeemer and Holy Spirit.
· We give You thanks for protecting the Ilse of Hispaniola from major storms this year.
· We give thanks for this new school year and the many students who will learn about Jesus and receive a daily meal from Trinity/HOPE.
· As we give of our first fruits may we also give a portion of our best to His children in Haiti who need the assistance we can provide because of You.
· We give You thanks for many donors with the Matthew 25 Project and for the many more children that are being blessed each day.
Psalm 55:1-3; “Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught because of what my enemy is saying, because of the threats of the wicked; for they bring down suffering on me and assail me in their anger.”
These verses are so appropriate at this time of the year as school is scheduled to resume today in Haiti and there is always some doubt as to when the actual start date will happen. Many people blame the Haitian government but while I was living there, I would tell you that the real problem is vodou as the local priests are spreading the news that there will not be any school. They confuse the truth of when school is to start and parents are not sure when to send their children and are even afraid to send them; no telling what trouble from the vodou priest will descend upon them. Priests spread the same lie when school is in session, telling children “no school today, no food at this school” and Trinity/HOPE mission team members will tell you about children coming to school and looking first to see if the cooks have started the fire. The cook’s fire means the vodou priest is a liar.
Heavenly Father, we bring our supplications before You;
· Heavenly Father, please place your healing hands upon Your servants in Haiti who are facing physical challenges. Please restore Roro and Lafleur in ways that will bring those along their journey to see them healed and look to You and give You praise.
· Lord Jesus, bring a calming breeze throughout Haiti before the start of this new school year.
· May the fires started by the cooks drown out the lies of the vodou priests and bring those who still cling to those lies to the foot of the cross.
· Heavenly Father, please bless new donors unknown to us but who are out there ready to help to feed Haitian children through the Matthew 25 Project.
· Father, provide teams with Trinity/HOPE who oversee the monthly records from Haitian schools abundant joy as they serve you in this way.
Lord God, bless Your Word wherever it is proclaimed. Make it a Word of power and peace to convert those not yet Your own and to confirm those who have come to saving faith. May Your Word pass from the ear to the heart, from the heart to the lip and from the lip to the life that, as You have promised, Your Word may achieve the purpose for which You sent it; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
2 Corinthians 13:11-14; “Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the saints send their greetings. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
May God go before you to guide you; may His arms be beneath you to support you, around you to protect you and above you to bless you. And may the blessings of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit be with you always dear sister and brother in Christ,
In His love, Jay Brinkmeyer