We begin our prayer time in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. + Amen.
Psalm 63:2-5; “I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.”
It’s good to sit on a simple chair in your home or even on the grass in your backyard and say ‘wow’ God; your creation is so wonderful. You can do that in Haiti as well even though the world calls their country ‘third world’; in God’s eyes it is still His creation; beautiful and alive with his children, fauna rivers; perfectly woven together for His pleasure.
A time of ‘Adoration’ to our Triune God.
· Think about the provisions, protection, hope and love that surround you because of His unfailing love for you.
· Try to grasp the immense work that our Creator is doing in the lives of each Haitian child who are preparing to attend a Christian school this coming school year.
James 4:8; “Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”
We were born, sinful and unclean, through no fault of our own, but because of the sins of our parents, grandparents…Adam and Eve.
God sent His only Son to die for our sins. Jesus did everything right while he was here on this earth. He loves you with a love that cannot be measured. He gave to the world when no thanks were returned to Him. He healed when there was no hope, and He died without complaint. Jesus did nothing wrong and everything right; all this for you. He lived for you and died for you. Our sins nailed Him to the cross on Calvary and kept Him there until His life on earth had ended.
· A time of personal confession.
Our sins are placed at the base of the Calvary cross...His cross, and we give thanks that the times we have fallen short in the eyes of our Heavenly Father have been washed clean and we have been forgiven through the Blood of our Risen Savior Jesus Christ.
In August the parents in Haiti have prayerfully registered their children for the coming school year and while here in the U.S. that may not seem like much, but to them, their children will continue to learn to read and write; something many of their parents cannot do. And some of these parents still cling to the lies of the vodou priest while their children learn about Jesus and our Heavenly Father is smiling upon these little missionaries as the Holy Spirit leads them.
Psalm 105:1; “Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.”
Heavenly Father, we come to You now with hearts, minds and words filled with ‘Thanksgiving’.”
· We give thanks for our Creator, Redeemer and Holy Spirit.
· We give You thanks for guiding Hurricane Beryl away from the Ilse of Hispaniola.
· We give thanks for the next school year and the many students who will learn about Jesus and receive a daily meal from Trinity/HOPE.
· As we give of our first fruits may we also give a portion of our best to His children in Haiti who need the assistance we can provide because of You.
· We give You thanks for many donors with the Matthew 25 Project and for the many more children that are being blessed each day.
1 Kings 9:3; “The Lord said to him: “I have heard the prayer and plea you have made before me; I have consecrated this temple, which you have built, by putting my Name there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.”
Recently the prices of gasoline and diesel have been raised rather high without any real solid reason and this has brought about tensions, riots, protests, fires and death to a country that is trying to grow stronger amid manmade challenges such as these. May the Christian leaders bring out calmness and solidarity among the people.
Heavenly Father, we bring our supplications before You;
· Lord Jesus, bring a calming breeze throughout Haiti before the start of the coming school year.
· Heavenly Father, please bless new donors unknown to us but who are out there ready to help to feed Haitian children through the Matthew 25 Project.
· Father, provide safe travel to the Trinity/HOPE board meeting in Nashville this month and may the meeting bring news of more children being fed and drawn closer to You.
Lord God, bless Your Word wherever it is proclaimed. Make it a Word of power and peace to convert those not yet Your own and to confirm those who have come to saving faith. May Your Word pass from the ear to the heart, from the heart to the lip and from the lip to the life that, as You have promised, Your Word may achieve the purpose for which You sent it; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
2 Corinthians 13:11-14; “Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the saints send their greetings. May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
May God go before you to guide you; may His arms be beneath you to support you, around you to protect you and above you to bless you. And may the blessings of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit be with you always dear sister and brother in Christ,
In His love, Jay Brinkmeyer